Game Environment Painting - Photoshop


So, a few months back, I and my good friend @tsshriram were walking down the street and brainstorming to come up with game ideas. We went over top-down space shooters, bird shooters, first person shooters, flight combat games, submarine battles, planet wars, you got the idea!

Finally, we decided to go with a simple 2.5D game with beautiful environments, a few characters and guns, lots of guns! (we all love shooting stuff, right??) After a month into development, we nearly finished coding the game logic and all our GUI elements, but we were working with placeholder graphics and it was ugly!

I took some online photoshop painting courses, started learning how to use a graphic pen-tablet, best practices, keyboard and pen shortcuts and, most of all, photoshop! It was overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it, it becomes easy. Having loved doing art since my childhood, going digital was an amazing experience for me. I finally made my first digital painting which will also serve as one of the environments for our game.

I hope you like it and have a great day!

Jungle Environment - Sketch
Jungle Environment - Painted